Would you like to be a Jubilee Counsellor? Camp Jubilee’s leadership program will help you get there. Our 3 year leadership program is designed to help each individual learn strong outdoor skills, gain self-confidence, learn how to work in a team, and harness their own leadership skills. The Programs includes:
- Step 1: Rotary Mentor Camp July 7 – 13, 2017 (Minimum Age: 14 Yrs)
- Step 2: Leader in Training Aug 4 – 17, 2017 (Minimum Age: 15 Yrs)
- Step 3: Counselor In Training July 3 – 20, 2017 (Minimum age: 16 Yrs)
After successfully completing Counselor in Training, youth who are a minimum of 17 years old are welcome to apply to be a co-counselors(volunteer) and young adults a minimum of 18 Years of age can apply for paid positions as cabin leaders.
Note: Camp Jubilee Leadership Programs generally have limited enrollment of 16 campers and therefore these programs fill up fast! We encourage families to register campers early to avoid disappointment! Note: Leadership Programs require a program questionnaire to be completed as part of the registration process.
Step 1: Rotary Youth Mentor Camp (RYM)
Campers will participate in a modified summer camp program which will focus on traditional camp activities as well as providing opportunities for Rotary Mentors to become mentors to younger campers involved in the Rotary Club Summer Camp session for pre-teens.
- Camp Dates: July 7 – 13, 2017
- Registration Fee: $299 + GST (Financial Assistance Available)
- Prerequisite: 14 years of age by July 1
Step 2: Leadership # 1 – Leader In Training (LIT)
Campers become proficient at different outdoor activities offered at Camp Jubilee such as: Rock Climbing, High Ropes, Kayaking, Canoeing, Archery and Low Ropes. Campers will be challenged physically and mentally while learning how to lead the activities. They will also get to experience two longer more challenging out trips that will take them to destinations on the Indian Arm such as Twin Island and Granite Falls.
- Camp Dates: August 4 – 17, 2017
- Registration Fee: $ 1098 + GST (Financial Assistance Available)
- Prerequisite: 15 years of age by July 1
Step 3: Leadership # 2 – Counsellor In Training (CIT)
As a Counsellor in Training (CIT) Candidates will take all of the skills they learned in Leadership 1(LIT) and learn how to apply them as a counsellor. Throughout the program, the CIT’s will spend approximately 6 days participating in out trips. Campers will also learn about the different leadership styles to be able to adapt them and create their own.
At the end of the program, the CIT’s will have the opportunity to practice their skills in a weeklong practicum. During their practicum, CIT’s will shadow a counsellor and cabin group. They will have the chance to lead activities and learn from the counsellor. This rewarding experience will help prepare them in becoming a Junior Counsellor.
- Camp Dates: July 3 – 20, 2017
- Registration Fee: $ 1298 + GST (Financial Assistance Available)
- Prerequisite: 16 Years of age by July 1 and completion of Leader in Training
Co-Counsellor (JC) – Volunteer
Upon completion of the CIT program, campers can apply to become a volunteer staff member for the next summer. As a Co-Counsellor they get to utilize all of the skills they have learned to gain work experience as well as volunteer hours. After a successful summer, Co-Counsellors can apply to be paid counsellors for the next year.
Prerequisite: 17 Years of Age by July 1 and completion of Counsellor in Training(CIT).
- Register your child online now
- Need financial assistance for Leadership? The Send A Kid to Camp Society (SAKTC) has campership opportunities available for leadership campers (CIT or WL)! Leadership Funding Application
- Summer Camp Information Package
- Leadership Programs Document – 2017
- Cancel with more than 30 days notice – full refund less a $25 administration fee
- Cancel with less than 15-30 days notice – 50% refund
- Cancel with less than 15 days notice – no refund
*Exceptions may be made if camp is provided with a physicians note outlining medical reasons for the cancellation. Transfers to another session requested by a parent/guardian can be accommodated if space is available.