Camp Jubilee Alumni Association!
The Camp Jubilee Alumni Association – Helping to send kids to camp and support the Camp and our staff and volunteers!
Who Are WE! Whether you were a staff member this past year or a camper back in 1936, we hope you’ll stay connected with us. Part of the Camp Jubilee Alumni Association’s mandate is keeping anyone who has had a history with Camp Jubilee up to date. We also encourage alumni to join us in raising funds to ensure that those that couldn’t afford to attend are able to benefit from a camp experience at Camp Jubilee. The current Board of Directors of the Camp Jubilee Alumni Association includes:
- Heather Wilson – President/Director
- Mohamad El-Shazly – Vice President/Director
- Tad Badger – Secretary – Treasurer/Director
- Sherrie Metz – Past President/Director
- JJ Edwards – Director
What Do We Do! Volunteers of the Camp Jubilee Alumni Association works year round to find ways to raise funds to support low income families so they can send their children to Camp Jubilee Leadership Camps. The group also works to provide Educational Bursaries for staff and/or volunteers.
How Do We Do It! The Camp Jubilee Alumni Association currently lead 3 annual fundraising events including:
- Halloween Camp – October The Halloween Camp sells out each year and provides an exciting weekend away for many little ghosts, goblins and other scary creatures! Alumni volunteer their time for this weekend. We are grateful some of our camp vendors including Gordon Food Services (Food Supplier), Indian Arm Recreational Services Ltd (Transportation Supplier) and others, donate their products or services for the weekend. All this facilitates 100% of the registration fees paid by families to be contributed directly to camperships for youth interested in joining Camp Jubilee Leadership Camps.
- Unique Experiences Auction and Banquet – June The Unique Experience Auction is held on the last night of summer staff training each year. This is a fun event where our current staff and volunteers get to enjoy an evening with alumni for fellowship, fun and fundraising. Throughout the evening, participants are able to bid on a variety of donated items or experiences and enjoy a gourmet banquet before the campers arrive the next day! Funds raised from this event benefit both leadership camperships as well as the Staff/Volunteer Bursary Fund.
- Pub Night – September The Pub night is our newest fundraiser! Staff, volunteers, alumni, and parents are all invited to participate in this fun evening event, which we hope will raise funds to support the leadership camperships and the Staff/Volunteer Bursary Fund.
How Do I Apply For Funding?
- Leadership Camp – Camperships Applications for Financial Assistance to attend Camp Jubilee Leadership Camps are accepted starting on January 1 each year and close either when all funds are committed or the leadership camps are full. To apply the camper must submit a letter of application explaining why they would like to take the leadership program.
- Staff Volunteer Educational Bursaries Applications for educational bursaries are accepted till August 1 each year. An application package is available!
For more information about the Camp Jubilee Alumni Association, to join, donate or help please an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Camp Jubilee office at 604-937-7388.